[thelist] Killing Note Pad!

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski jonathon.swiderski at oberlin.edu
Fri Feb 2 11:09:40 CST 2001

> I know some people had rigged their NT systems to launch ColdFusion
> Studio (or Homesite) as the application to view source.  As Anthony
> says, it's a registry hack.
>
> Here's something that might work:
> http://www.varias.cz/HELP/HTML/html/htmlfaq1.htm#OTHER_EDITOR

Unfortunately, versions of IE since that was written make that
impossible-- you don't get to pick your helper apps anymore (at least, not
that i've seen).  Certain programs I've used have been able to register
themselves, most recently Chami.com's HTML-Kit. In the last couple days
though, I decided that that program is a bit big for the job, so I'm now
in the same boat as Frank. . . just for the record, I'm on IE 5.0, Win98,
and my HTML editor is already set to Arachnophilia.  Doesn't make a
difference; it all still comes up in NotePad.

jonathon isaac swiderski                          135 west lorain street
http://www.oberlin.edu/~jswiders/                              ocmr 2678
mailto:jswiders at oberlin.edu                             oberlin oh 44074
"anyone can be great, because anyone can serve" - martin luther king, jr