[thelist] Killing Note Pad!

Joshua OIson joshua at alphashop.net
Fri Feb 2 11:22:37 CST 2001

The suggestion was made... let's make it a tip:

<tip type="replacing notepad">
If you want to permanently replace notepad (yes, even if you view source in
Internet Explorer), simply replace notepad.exe in the windows folder, winnt
on NT and 200 boxes, with the application of your choice.  You, of course,
will have to rename whichever application you want to use to notepad.exe,
but every association will now be changed to the new app automatically with
no registry changes necessary.
</tip>

-joshua