[thelist] Old Shockwave installers

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski jonathon.swiderski at oberlin.edu
Fri Feb 2 18:14:37 CST 2001

--On Friday, 2 February, 2001 2:34 PM -0800 Sam-I-Am <sam at sam-i-am.com>
wrote:

> on the same topic can anyone tell me how to find out what version of a
> plug-in Internet Explorer is using?

Follow Robert Frost through regedit:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE   >> Software  >> Microsoft  >> Internet Explorer
  >> Plugins   >> Extension
Then pick the relevant extension, and the fourth attribute listed should
be the version number.

If you're on a Mac, I haven't any idea.  ((Not that I'd've had this idea
if  I hadn't already been in there once today on the NotePad-replacing
thread. . .  ))

jonathon isaac swiderski                          135 west lorain street
http://www.oberlin.edu/~jswiders/vol_index.htm                 ocmr 2678
mailto:jonathon.swiderski at oberlin.edu                   oberlin oh 44074
"anyone can be great, because anyone can serve" - martin luther king, jr