[thelist] Does NN Have Issues With CSS?

Abbey Abbey at abbeyink.com
Fri Feb 2 18:42:40 CST 2001

At 07:32 PM 2/2/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Sorry about the ambuigity, yes I was referring to N6, not NN6.

Salvatore,

:-) I always used to like NN (yeah, well, I've been educated since then),
the newest version, well, it's different.

http://evolt.org/article/Does_Netscape_6_Break_Your_Table_Layouts/17/4427/in
dex.html -- or poke around evolt.org under code and you'll find the article
on Netscape 6 breaking tables. In a nutshell (sorry for paraphrasing an
excellent author) -- Netscape 6 has trouble with the transitional DTD.

I am currently running NN 4.5 and I don't know how many version 4s there
were before NS 6, but again, evolt.org has every browser you could want
(and a nice, clean download) at evolt.org under browsers.

I hope that helps,

>The DTD is
><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
>
>I located a version of NN on netscapes site (4.08, it said).  Is that the
>last one before N6?  I want to see how horribly it mangles my beautiful
>site.

~/ a b b e y  /~