[thelist] ie cache behavior

HPavlidis at ixl.com HPavlidis at ixl.com
Mon Feb 5 14:34:37 CST 2001

Howdy.  Trying to get some understanding of why IE 4.0 (and some installs of
5.0) would ignore graphics cached via javascript.  We have some code that
caches large amounts of graphics, which are then used later in animations
(kicked-off by the user) on the same page.
However, it seems IE 4.0 and sometimes IE 5.0 will call back to the server
to get the graphics, even though they are cached (you can see them in the
temp dirs).  Netscape 4.* and IE 5.5 always work.

Anyone ever experience this before?

Please cc me directly on any replies, since I digestify the list.
Harry