[thelist] HELP! -- stats reporting packages & Querystrings

Herzog, Ari Ari_Herzog at Instron.com
Mon Feb 5 15:16:40 CST 2001

I had emailed the WebTrends folks about this just last month.

Here is their response:

---
By adding ?xl at the end this makes the page appear to be a dynamic
page. WebTrends can differentiate between the two, however it can not
filter between the two based on file name alone. You may want to set the
html file type in your options menu to Always so that WebTrends will
count them as two separate pages in the reports. To filter on them you
will have to make a filter for BOTH filename and URL parameter.
---

I haven't tried it, so let me know if it works.

-Ari

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Crawford [mailto:jcrawford at avencom.com]
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 3:46 PM
To: evolt.org's "thelist"
Subject: [thelist] HELP! -- stats reporting packages & Querystrings

Howdy thelist...

We have a client with the standard edition of WebTrends and while it
seems to claim to provide a breakdown by query string ... it doesn't.

We'd like to find a stats package that allows you to distinguish:

http://client.dom/foo.dynamic?subSiteID=3
http://client.dom/foo.dynamic?subSiteID=4&function=foo
http://client.dom/foo.dynamic?subSiteID=4
http://client.dom/foo.dynamic?subSiteID=5&function=bar&theotherthing=this

And parse those out by use based on the subSiteID - hope that makes
sense

Again, Webtrends filtering on their standard edition seems like it
should be able to do this - but we're having no luck.

Anyone able to help with this? Any good sites with current
discussion/articles on the current best of breed site analysis tools?
This is for a medium sized business - willing to spend US$1000 for this,
but not willing to leap to some of the pricier solutions out there.

Any and all help appreciated!

	Joe
Joe Crawford ||||||||||||||       mailto:jcrawford at avencom.com