[thelist] evolt's 404 problem.

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Mon Feb 5 22:23:37 CST 2001

(sending this to thelist cus I know there are some people there that
this affects)
jeff and i talked on the phone tonite for about a half hour to try to
sort out what we're going to do to fix our 404 dilema on the evolt.org site

jeff is going to talk to some people at allaire this week and try to see
if there's anything he can give them in the way of sexual favors so that
we can get some source for the linux port of CF so that i can hack the
CF source and have *it* - not apache - (sorry thesite, you guys missed
some private discussion about things we tried..ask if you want) rewrite
the 404 error code..

in the meantime, i'm going to start rewriting the current site back to a
classic fusebox architecture.. inronically, we had this done after the
first codefest last fall.. no prob though.. i've got karma and liquor to
burn..

i'm going to be rewriting thesite on the new server i got last week -
its currently housing browsers.evolt.org. this will become the new
test.evolt.org and possibly the new live site..

other than that, not much to say.. hopefully we can get this resolved -
in one way or another - ASAP so we don't have to deal with the problems
we're having now with people not being able to view our site because of
the URL scheme we put in place.. ya live ya learn.

if anyone has extensive experience with apache and header rewriting,
feel free to contact me off list if you want to help :)

thanks for the patience, we're trying new things and finding out some of
those things don't always work 100%

.djc.

np: The http1.1 RFC blues