[thelist] help needed with javascript/submitting a form/formmail

Jonathan Chard jonathan at familygenetix.com
Tue Feb 6 06:12:37 CST 2001

Hi Fintan,

>have a look at http://learning.ericsson.net/fintan/book2.html
>See the multiple select bit? In Netscape, you select multiple names, and it
submits, no problem. In Internet Explorer, it doesn't work.

Not sure if it was you that had this problem a while back, but someone did.
>From what I remember, your fields in the 'target' box need to be selected
for them to be posted. Try adding the line

document.choiceForm.Students.options[boxLength].selected = true;

to the end of the (isNew) section of your moveOver() function and see if
that makes a difference.

This is a regurgitated answer so I take no responsibility for it if it
doesn't work!!

BTW, your hide() function has an error, invoked when you click on an entry
in your 'target' list box. I'd try to help but I'm not sure what you're
trying to do with it...(!) I guess it's a copy'n'paste error....

HTH
Jon Chard.