[thelist] Boston drinkies

Julia Frizzell Julia_Frizzell at brown.edu
Tue Feb 6 09:07:37 CST 2001

At 3:48 PM -0500 2/5/01, Bob Davis wrote:
>on 2/5/01 12:21 PM, Herzog, Ari at Ari_Herzog at Instron.com wrote:
>
>>  Along the same line as Martin and London,
>>  how about for Boston? And I was thinking of maybe
>>  meeting up at Fire & Ice, maybe the Harvard Sq location.
>>
>>  Either that, or Jillian's on Lansdowne
>>  or of course any of the breweries (northeast, cambridge, etc).
>
>I'd be up for Cambridge (somewhere).  Just not tonight :)
>(for those of you not in New England, we're having a bit of a Nor`Easter).
>
>How About John Harvards?  Plow and Stars?  Can Tab (especially if the Peanut
>Man is there)? Redbones (I think they have Belhaven on tap)? Plenty of
>watering holes to choose from.

I've been to a John Harvard's (in CT), so that would work for a
Boston-area drinkie. I'd also like to suggest something like a coffee
shop, perhaps a Tealuxe (as I don't drink coffee). There are quite a
few in the Boston area. I'd be tempted to make the hour+ trip up to
Boston for that. There's one right near the COOP too, which makes it
convenient for those of us who'd use public transportation.

I'm beginning to wonder if we shouldn't have a separate list for
evolt get-togethers, with all this activity lately...

<tip type="avoiding spam">

Get a free webmail account from one of the many suppliers out there,
and use that to register your domains, register products, or buying
stuff over the web. Check it once a week or so, and delete any spam
that has collected. Fortunately, the web mail accounts have pretty
good spam filters on their own, so you may see even less than you
thought you would.

This also saves hassle if you change ISPs/email addresses, since the
webmail address won't change.

</tip>

Julia Frizzell                        http://www.netspace.org/~glyneth
julia_frizzell at brown.edu                   http://www.theblackroad.org
glyneth at netspace.org                                      ICQ: 8458071
Madness takes its toll, please have exact change.