[thelist] Print friendly pages.

Adam Slesinger bread_man at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 6 15:54:35 CST 2001

Hey Web Gurus,

OK, this is my first time making sites that must be printer friendly. In
other words, the normal person has to be able to print from within their
browser window and have clear and complete text on the page.  If the images
aren't great, that's fine.

So, without changing default printer settings, I print some pages in IE 5.5
and NS 4.7.  I then come to realize that in order to make sure text isn't
cut off, I can only use 680 pixels from left to right in an 800x600
resolution.  I am frustrated for this throws off my design which was banked
on 780 pixels of fixed space.

Does anybody have any suggestions for this predicament or am I SOL?

Thanks everyone. =]

adam