[thelist] international friendly form

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski jonathon.swiderski at oberlin.edu
Tue Feb 6 21:00:31 CST 2001

I think my solution would be to skip the drops entirely.  Just give 'em a
textbox of 6 lines, and tell 'em to fill in their mailing address.  If
they give you "Texas" instead of "TX" or "Quebec" instead of "QC"  (i seem
to recall this being "PQ" a while ago?), If won't kill you to fix it.

As far as I can recall seeing, most addresses internationally are simple
variants on Mike's:

XXX Main St *or*  Main St XXX
City ZZZ    *or*  ZZZ City
COUNTRY

Like France, most countries skip the province-equivalent.  In fact, I'm
not even sure why the USPS requires it -- like he said, it's implied by
the ZIP code. (or, rather, skipped by it).

> Anyone on the list familiar with any other address formats...

jonathon isaac swiderski                          135 west lorain street
http://www.oberlin.edu/~jswiders/vol_index.htm                 ocmr 2678
mailto:jonathon.swiderski at oberlin.edu                   oberlin oh 44074
"anyone can be great, because anyone can serve" - martin luther king, jr