[thelist] C|Net's Redesign / Interesting argument...

M. Shane DeVault shane.devault at centurytel.com
Wed Feb 7 16:25:31 CST 2001

Personally, I'd like to see a shift to a more content driven advertising
scheme...

Product mentions, placements in photos, artwork, etc...

Then on the ones that couldn't be handled by placement (IE: Hollywood
movies), would be blatantly placed and entertaining. (Think "Punch The Palm"
or some other game.)

It seems to me that we definitely need some sort of advertising based
system--pay-for-content will never work.

Shane