[thelist] international friendly form

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski jonathon.swiderski at oberlin.edu
Wed Feb 7 17:37:34 CST 2001

> Can't speak for other countries, but in the UK there's a
> nice product which allows you to put in a house number &
> postcode, and it returns the entire address, either as fields
> or as perfectly formatted (for mail purposes) text.

The US Postal Service has a similar product :
http://www.usps.com/ncsc/lookups/lookup_zip+4.html for individual lookups
online, or you can buy the "ZIP+4 Product"
http://www.usps.com/ncsc/products/zip%2B4.htm and the "City State Product"
http://www.usps.com/ncsc/products/city_state.htm and use them together for
batch processing.  More info is available on the USPS site.

(btw, IE5 returned 404s a couple times on USPS.com, and occasionally does
so for other servers I happen to know exist; almost always hitting
'refresh' brings up the page.  does this have anything to do with the
CF/404 stuff on one of the other threads, or is this just IE being its own
flaky self?)

jonathon isaac swiderski                          135 west lorain street
http://www.oberlin.edu/~jswiders/vol_index.htm                 ocmr 2678
mailto:jonathon.swiderski at oberlin.edu                   oberlin oh 44074
"anyone can be great, because anyone can serve" - martin luther king, jr