[thelist] process question: hi-end multimedia sites

Erika Meyer meyer at up.edu
Wed Feb 7 18:55:31 CST 2001

>Firms which work with large clients (like ours and Proxicom - I was talking
>with one of their art directors the other day) break the site development
>and production process into very little, specialized pieces.

interesting: this is pretty much the exact process I use and advocate for
the one-woman-created sites I've made.  Though I would have to add a
pre-first stage of trying to convince the client that having a step-by-step
Process  is actually a Good Thing(TM).

Sometimes I feel like a process-freak in a 'just do it' world.

Anyway, so this is basically my process, and I do it all myself.  So how
many people d'ya suppose are involved in a site like Nike?

>There are numerous phases.
>1. Needs assessment
>2. Information architecture
>3. Content development
>4. GUI development (concurrent with platform/browser testing)
>5. Usability study (paper or screen comps, sometimes on simplified HTML)
>6. GUI refinement
>7. Launch
>(client review at various phases)

Erika