[thelist] Flash Bitmap Tip

John Corry webshot at neoncowboy.com
Wed Feb 7 19:21:31 CST 2001

> 3. You can sometimes get away with a better looking image AND a
> smaller filesize than JPEG when publishing your movie if you select
> Lossless/PNG for that bitmap's properties.

OK...but I have some related trouble...

I have a site where I have to butt the Flash image/movie up to the .GIF
image in a table and line everything up perfectly. So, I put the image from
that table cell in my Flash movie as a BG image. But it doesn't line
up...even though the BG images pos is x = 0, y = 0, and the movie is the
same dimensions as the image.

You can see what I'm talking about at http://v-assets.com/html/vision.html

How can I get that Flash movie with the looping statistic to SEAMLESSLY fit
up to the surrounding .GIFs ?

thanks,

<tip type="javascript">
After struggling through a JS solution earlier this week, I decided I needed
to learn to be more competent with scripting. Erik suggested Danny Goodman's
'JavaScript Bible', I bought it yesterday. Its the best JS book I have read.
Part 2 is particularly good for beginners: each chapter covers concepts and
syntax ( the first is variables, arrays and control statements..if/else,
loops...simple stuff). At the end of the chapter, there are exercises that
you SHOULD be able to complete if you actually understood the chapter. No
answer key is provided, just run your stuff in a browser to see if it works.

My calculator WORKED!!! The first time!

No JavaScript book I have has actually taught me how to USE the cryptic
constructs to do stuff, until now.

thanks Erik!
</tip>