[thelist] OT Unix Commands

Naju V continuouspark at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 7 19:43:31 CST 2001

You might need to change the execute permissions. In Unix every file has a
read, write and execute permission in 3 levels (user, group, world). See
this http://campuscgi.princeton.edu/man?chmod for more info. Or if you have
can FTP to your Unix account from a Windows machine, you can use a FTP app
like WS_FTP or any other shareware/freeware app; they usually have a chmod
option with several checkboxes for the 9 permissions/levels.

Hope that makes sense =)
Naju