[thelist] What prog. language to focus on???

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Thu Feb 8 13:45:34 CST 2001

> One of the programmers on our current project is using a Perl
> script to connect
> to a mailbox and parse all the mail in it. This is a task
> that is far easier in
> Perl than almost any other language I know.

recall what perl stands for: Practical Extraction and Reporting Language.

Larry Wall built it to *rip* through text files. Hence, it Rocks Serious for
web/email/etc....

<tip type="AOL's start page">
http://www.aol.com/start.adp is the default start page for AOL 6 users.

On that page is a big green box that someone can type in a URL and go there.

It prepends "http://" to the URL --NO MATTER WHAT.

so you get, "http://http://yahoo.com" if you type in "http://yahoo.com" into
that field.

Got someone beating against tech support right now to get it fixed....
</tip>

sgd
--
work: http://www.ti3.com/