[thelist] CF form won't submit on enter

Erika Meyer meyer at up.edu
Thu Feb 8 18:36:32 CST 2001

I inherited this semi-finished 3rd party-created site & have been asked to
make various additons/changes/refinements to it.  I still don't know beans
about Cold Fusion, so Evolt, you are my lifeline...

I would like the site to be usable.  I have all these forms with graphical
submit buttons:
<input name="submit" type="image" src="images/go.gif">

They won't submit when the user hits "enter."

  In some cases (for example, when searching for photos by key word) I
think this is horribly misleading: hitting "enter" reloads the form, and it
looks like the form found nothing in the database, when in fact the form
was never submitted.

Is there a simple remedy (that keeps the pretty little gif intact)?

TIA (working on that tip, too)

Erika