[thelist] FileSystemObject in ASP

Cory Preus cory_preus at cnt.com
Thu Feb 8 19:35:09 CST 2001

> either way you're checking on every page, I'd say its a judgement call on
where you do it (with the FSO exists method or with the ASP script)

Thanks a bunch. I'm on a pretty tight deadline and engineering a more
elegant solution might not be feasable...although I will clean it up after
next week (it feels so dirty).

<tip type="decreasing image file sizes">
There are several ways of creating faster download speeds for images.

o add WIDTH= and HEIGHT= attributes
	- it aids the browser in rendering the page (most of the speed
increase is percieved)
o use the minimum number of colors possible
o to decrease JPGs, blur the image a little
	- lossy compression loves blurred images
o decrease GIFs, try and use large areas of solid color
o crop until you can't crop anymore
	- image has a border, remove the border, place in a table cell with
apprpriate color
</tip>