[thelist] Weird CF double-data issue

Rob Keniger rob at bigbang.net.au
Thu Feb 8 20:23:31 CST 2001

Hi all,

I have a ColdFusion application which is a back-end management system for a
client's site. It has several templates that allow the client to add a
record by filling in various fields and also (optionally) uploading an
image. The form enctype is set to multipart/form-data for the upload top
work.

The form posts to a second CF template that displays the results for the
user to confirm them.

The problem I am having is that on an intermittent basis, the form POSTs all
the data in the form twice, so on the confirm page instead of having "Name:
John Smith" I get "Name: John Smith, John Smith" which causes the insert
queries to fail with numeric data and is just plain wrong.

This is happening on two of my client's systems (Win98, IE5.5) but I can't
duplicate on my Win2000/IE5.5 or Mac IE5 systems.

Does anyone have an idea why this might be happening? It is driving me nuts!

--

Rob Keniger

big bang solutions

<mailto:rob at bigbang.net.au>