[thelist] testing

Peter Van Dijck peter at vardus.com
Fri Feb 9 05:50:31 CST 2001

Can anyone point me to general / detailed how to articles on testing? That
is all kinds of testing involved in websites, but especially the more
technical ones like load/stress testing. (I've seen the excellent one on evolt)

I made a list of testing to be done, and now I need to write up processes
for each:

usability testing (quite clear on this one)
compatibility testing (browsers and such)
industry standard specifications (W3C)
requirements correlation (e.g. is it what we specced?)
general quality (decent 404's, broken links, error messages, ...)
data acceptance (quotes in forms)
hacking (try to hack)
load / scalability / stress
migration testing

So if you can point me to different approaches to perform these tests?
I'll probably write an article on it next week :)

Thanks
Peter