[thelist] Netscape 6 and 6.01 won't install properly

Meredith Tupper meredith at pintsize.com
Sat Feb 10 23:20:41 CST 2001

sfmalo wrote:

> Again, to my dismay, I keep getting a "this program has performed an illegal
> operation and will be shut down" message after all the files install and the
> icons pop up on my desk top. When I read the error message, it says
> "Netscape caused an invalid page fault in module XPCOM.DLL at
> 0167:60cb8c61". Then it lists a lot of registers, bytes at CS: EIP: and
> stack dumps. The browser will not open. I uninstalled after the first try,
> reinstalled, reran the executable .... and the same thing happens.

>From http://www.uninet.net/~blaisdel/netscapeaid.htm#error 214:

Q) I'm getting a "214-does not exist" or "NETSCP6 caused an invalid page fault
in module XPCOM.DLL" error.
What do I do?

A) Try running the Profile Manager from the Start menu first: Start -> Programs
-> Netscape 6 -> Profile Manager.
Go through the process of creating a profile, then try launching Netscape 6.

hth,
Meredith

--
PintSize Graphics & Web Hosting, Inc.