[thelist] How do you store your snippets?

Warden, Matt mwarden at odyssey-design.com
Sun Feb 11 15:13:27 CST 2001

> Hope all is well for everyone on this bright and ~cold~ Sunday morning.   I
> am starting to amass a good number of html/programming snippets from this
> list and others(thanks btw).  How does everyone store your
> snippets?  Enquiring minds want to know.

I just use a folder system ans store "snippets" as individual files. I can
then either include those files or copy+paste them into the code I'm working
on. Basically, I have:

E:\
    clients\
    codeLibrary\
        clientside\
            javascript\
            java\
            html\
            dhtml\
            css\
        serverside\
            asp\
                text\
                sql\
                html\
            php\

Of course, sometimes files overlap in where they should reside. I either make
multiple copies or I just pick one that makes the most sense.

I also have a more complicated system for storing Java source, which is a
little different since it's object-oriented and cut+paste usually isn't
something you do.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com