[thelist] How do you store your snippets?

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser at skdesigns.com
Sun Feb 11 19:02:57 CST 2001

At 10:24 AM 02/11/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>Hope all is well for everyone on this bright and ~cold~ Sunday
>morning.   I am starting to amass a good number of html/programming
>snippets from this list and others(thanks btw).  How does everyone store
>your snippets?  Enquiring minds want to know.
>
>Chris

Chris,

You might check out ClipMate, by Thornsoft.

Thornsoft's main site:
http://www.thornsoft.com/

This is an inexpensive program that's turned out to be something I rely on
constantly all day long. One of those things I'd really hate to live
without now. (I've used it constantly every day for a couple of years.) It
has the usual 30-day trial, and it's some of the best $20 I've spent.

I originally got it for its extended clipboard copy/paste features (it will
store tons of copy/paste for you, organize it, all kinds of things).
However, it does so much more, too.

It would work well for your needs, too. If you really want to get
organized, you can put different kinds of snippets in their own folders.
You can store things permanently or just short-term.

ClipMate does tons of other stuff, too, including cleaning up text,
reformatting, etc. I recently went to the site to check on something and
was blown away. I'm starting to use it for lots more than I did before.

The usual disclaimer -- I don't get any kickback and have no affiliation
with them at all. I just like ClipMate. ;-)

HTH.

Warmly,
Shirley
--