[thelist] A No-Brainer Tip

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Mon Feb 12 22:04:30 CST 2001

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001 martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com wrote:

> Also, greek text is easier for *you* to spot and replace - plausible examples
> might slip through.

This is a very good point, and is _exactly_ the situation that set off my
rant. A phone number got copied from Company A's site to Company B's site,
and was left untouched -- presumably to be changed later (since it filled
the page out quite nicely, and who'd be calling, anyway?). A week later,
Company B was fielding phone calls for Company B, causing frustration for
everyone.

Nevermind the fact that the site still wasn't technically "live" --
apparently it was accessible, and being shown off by the client.

Our poor engineers. They take so much abuse.

But how wonderful it is to be on the nitpicking end of the code for once!

> <homer>mmmm - content management</homer>

Indeed!

--

David Wagner
dave at worlddomination.net