[thelist] XML 2.0

Warden, Matt mwarden at odyssey-design.com
Tue Feb 13 23:52:02 CST 2001

> > ICK!
> > My battlecry: "Remember ICANN"
> > The problem here, of course, is that you actually have to find some
> > organization that's capable of doing this well.
>
> In fact, there would no need for a special organization. A simple
> repository, available to comments from anyone, and propositions added in a
> "first to come, first served" basis would be great. Anyone could start to
> add a proposition for a new xml dtd. And the best one would be used, and
> thus kept.

Same problem. Someone has to decide what the "best" one is. This is basically
how ICANN works anyway. Crap is proposed, and they take the "best" one
(supposedly).

> No one would be obliged to follow the rules of course. "If you
> don't want to make your soft compatible, that's your problem". This should
> be the front sentence of the site ;-)

And the first on mine would be: "If you want to follow XXXXX's standards,
that's you're problem..."

> Of course this will never work thus this post is useless. (am I so naive?)

No. It's wishful thinking. I wish it too. I wish it to work. No one hears my
wishes.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com