[thelist] Can you safely use Swing in Applets?

Bill_Pletcher at spring.com Bill_Pletcher at spring.com
Wed Feb 14 03:21:17 CST 2001

Can you safely use Swing in Applets across the Internet? Is this dependant
on the browsers JVM?

We are using AWT as I've been told it's safer, but I've also heard you can
just export the javax.swing package across with the applet, so why use AWT.

What do most people use? The applets we write are mostly Forms or Chat
Applets.

Thanks,

Bill

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are strictly confidential
and are solely for the person(s) at the e-mail address(es) above. If you
are not an addressee, you may not disclose, distribute, copy or use this
e-mail, and we request that you send an email to postman at spring.com and
delete this e-mail. Spring Group plc accepts no legal liability for the
contents of this e-mail including any errors, interception or interference,
as internet communications are not secure. Whilst Spring Group plc and
the sender have taken every precaution to prevent transmission of computer
viruses, should this inadvertently occur we do not accept any liability.

Spring Group plc, Eastham Hall, Eastham Village Road, Eastham,
Wirral, CH62 OAF.

Registered in England, company number: 590054.
Web site address: http://www.spring.com