[thelist] feedback: internationalisation blog

Peter Van Dijck peter at vardus.com
Wed Feb 14 08:43:03 CST 2001

weblog on internationalization:
Links about localisation, internationalisation, globalisation and
accessibility,
target audience: from a usability / cultural / information architecture
perspective.

the beta is here,
it should go live in a day or two if no glitches are found.
http://test.liga1.com

Any feedback on content / design / anything ... is welcome. (I used a well
known template because I'm too busy to program and design this one from
scratch)
Thanks! Feel free to be harsh, I know it's not perfect by any stretch of
the imagination.
Peter

<tip>
Internationalisation: the first thing to get your head around when dealing
with international sites that have local versions, is character sets and
languages. They are seperate. One doesn't depend on the other. That should
clear up quite a bit of confusion.
</tip>