[thelist] Tip revision (was: Doh! question for MySQL)

Raymond Camden rcamden at allaire.com
Wed Feb 14 10:58:48 CST 2001

> two assumptions that you've made:
> 1) locking application variables - why?
> 2) cfparam exclusively locks application variables?
>
> I don't mean to ask you to explain, but if you could point me somewhere
> where I can read up on this...

Variables that are 'shared access', ie, multiple users/threads can access
them, should be cflocked whenever they are read or written to.

The simple rule is:
If you TYPE server., application., or session. when creating, cfparaming,
isdefiniing, cfsetting a variable, you MUST use cflock around the access.

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Allaire

Email   : jedimaster at allaire.com
ICQ UIN : 3679482