[thelist] newbie trouble with MySQL dump operation

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Wed Feb 14 16:11:03 CST 2001

> The problem was that my batch file ended in .sql. I changed the extension
> and was able to use it straightaway.

Fascinating. I tried to tackle this problem, and couldn't reproduce it --
the same problems don't occur under Linux. (Which makes perfect sense, now
that I think about it.)

Just wanted to offer that tidbit. Zachary, you might want to wrap that up
in a brief tip for the Tip Harvester; I'm sure it'll help others as MySQL
gains popularity.

And on a related note:

<tip type="MySQL" author="David Wagner">

Always use MySQL in batch mode when executing more than a handful of
commands -- it saves time and energy, and makes the whole process easier
to understand.

</tip>

--

David Wagner