[thelist] DNS Changes ..

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Fri Feb 16 09:39:05 CST 2001

Works for me!

But, as the saying goes, your mileage may vary, and some
ISPs are very bad at updating cached DNS records in a
timely manner.  I should also recommend that you flush
your own browser caches in case that's the problem.

<tip type="Forcing your ISP's DNS servers to do something">

I've often found that using the command-line nslookup
tool in console mode (on NT, just type 'nslookup' on
its own) and then typing 'ls -d domain.com' can force
a DNS refresh.  Your local ISP server has to go look
for *all* that domain's records to fulfil your query
and chances are it doesn't have *all* of them cached.

</tip>

John Handelaar

T +44 20 7209 4117       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com