[thelist] Need "Unkillable" Mailing List Script

Bob Haroche bharoche at usa.net
Sat Feb 17 13:12:19 CST 2001

I've tried four different mailing list perl scripts with my current hosting
company, but all of them are getting killed off by the server because (1)
they generate fork processes, (2) they time out, and/or (3) they utilize
resources beyond a server set limit. (Tech support wasn't clear which of
these was the actual reason for the premature termination).  In any event,
it's not an issue of configuring the scripts; it's definitely a server
limitation.

So I'm looking for a script that allows me to (1) set a batch number of
emails out at a time, (2) set a pause between batches and/or (3) set a limit
on user resources. Can anyone recommend a good script that has these
features.

I've demo'd Post Office Pro (http://www.cgiparadise.com/)  which has some of
these features and really is quite nice, but it too unfortunately is getting
killed off.

I don't want to resort to a remotely hosted solution like Egroups and I
would prefer not to shop around for another host if possible.

-- And FWIW, this isn't for spamming purposes -- it's an opt in list for
people trying to find homes for stray animals -- ie, there's good karma here
for anyone who can help! :=)

TIA.

Bob Haroche

O n P o i n t  S o l u t i o n s