[thelist] Re: WebReview responds to WaSP browser death march

matthew garrett matthew.garrett at snet.net
Mon Feb 26 12:06:21 CST 2001

> From: "aardvark" <roselli at earthlink.net>

> it's kind of hard to respond to this, however, if you don't tell me
> *why* you're dismayed...  can i assume you use a WYSIWYG?  if
> so, do you use it exclusively?  no hand-coding?  if so, then, not
> much i can say, except the tool holds you back... if you are hand-
> tweaking the code, good for you, but you might want to consider
> the limitations of the tool...

<serious value="but not too serious">
All-righty then. Please tell us more about how to live our lives.

It looks like fun, so let me try it:
Do you drive a car?
If you are really committed to getting where you are going, you would always
ride a bike or walk instead. Like hand coding, it's better for you, better
for the environment, and better for all around you. To do it any other way
is incorrect.
And if you're done with the car, can I have the keys?
</serious>

We use the tools we use, to the best of our abilities. Hopefully, we learn
and progress to the point where we can accomplish the job with the simplest
tool available. Some of us (myself included) aren't there yet.

For the record: i use Dreamweaver (gasp), tweak by hand (better), and code
ColdFusion by hand (why? i don't know). Does that make me a bad person?

Matt