[thelist] input type=file and CSS

Aylard JA (James) jaylard at equilon.com
Mon Feb 26 12:59:36 CST 2001

David,

> Has anyone had any luck reining in the wild <input
> type="file"> tag with
> regards to CSS appearance?

	I have found the same behavior that you have. The file-type input
doesn't conform to CSS reliably (some properties work, depending on the
platform, while others consistently do not). I don't know of any workaround
for this, unfortunately -- unless you work in a controlled environment where
you can build your own file-upload functionality into a custom object that
you use with a standard text-type input and button-type input. Otherwise,
hopefully this oversight will be fixed in future browser versions.

James Aylard