[thelist] Multi-level data storage

Simon Coggins ppxsjc1 at unix.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Feb 26 18:45:52 CST 2001

Hi All,

I've had some experience with simple MySQL databases, but now I'm looking
to do something a bit more complicated, and I'm not sure how to begin.

What I want to do is create a Yahoo style directory structure
with multiple levels of subdirectories. One other complication is that any
single entry may need to appear in several different "sections".

Can anyone point me in the direction of any good online tutorials that
deal with this? I just can't see how you can map the information into a 2D
table effectively.

Regards,

Simon Coggins