[thelist] Mac tools

Melissa Phelps Firestone liss at frameshift.com
Mon Feb 26 23:01:22 CST 2001

> what are your favorite web-building
> resources for the Mac?
> I haven't found the wonderfully useful, budget-minded
> tools for Mac that exist for PC's. Mac-based image mapping
> software/shareware? Mid-range (price) graphics programs?

I won't bore you by repeating the BBEdit recommendation - there simply is no
better text editor for the web on any platform.

On the graphics side, though, you probably *can* afford Photoshop. At least,
you can probably afford all of the features you will need for web graphics
by hooking up with Photoshop LE - it was the 'standard' bundle with scanners
for a very long time and can still be found full-price for under $100
direct. <http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshople/main.html> You can
definitely get it cheaper if you look.

--Liss

                    melissa phelps firestone