[thelist] [OT] How do I specify a OutlookExpress folder to not report it has new mail?

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Tue Feb 27 07:14:08 CST 2001

> Can I specify for folders to be ignored concerning new mail? Or,
> is there a
> way to automatically set mail to 'read' in certain folders, right
> when it is
> recieved?

I don't have an answer to your question unfortunately, but if there's mail
from certain people coming into your inbox that you'd like to be alerted to,
you can set Outlook (using the organise-type rules) to play a sound based on
specific criteria. I do it with Outlook 2000, but I'm sure Outlook Express
can do it also.

For example, when email arrives in my news folder, a WAV will say (pulled
from the old Bell Labs text-to-speech synthesiser): "news has arrived". I
have similar WAVs for messages from my wife, etc.