[thelist] Mac tools

Jake Stetser jake.stetser at headhunter.net
Tue Feb 27 09:52:37 CST 2001

I used to use Frontier back in '96 - you know, before the end of the world.

I enjoyed its setup, and it was a powerful concept for development..
everything you do consists of little scripts inside an outliner, and as a
result it's extremely object-oriented, but not in the traditional way. But I
got tired of Dave Winer and company and eventually moved on to Applescript
and then a wee bit o' Perl and then PHP.

Newer versions of Frontier now cost money, IIRC.

Oh, and always back up your root file. :)