Fixed parts on a page (previously Re: [thelist] menus without frames)

Naju V continuouspark at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 22:19:55 CST 2001

This leads me to a related question. The other day I was trying to convince
a friend not to use frames (for several reasons you might be familiar with)
and he told me that he used them because he wanted a part of the page to
stay in the same position while the rest scrolled.

I told him, without really knowing how, that there is a way to do that with
html, css, javascript and/or combinations of these. Now I'm curious, how do
you do that?, have a part of the page fixed in the same position.