Mail tips (was: Re: [thelist] You need to read me. Really.)

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Fri Mar 2 08:53:04 CST 2001

on 3/2/01 4:31 AM, Joseph A Borg at tech at az-ink.com.mt wrote:

> on 01/03/01 6:43 PM, A. Erickson at amanda at gawow.com wrote:
>
>> Oh, and this goes without saying, never quote the entire digest. Quote only
>> the part to which you are replying.
>
> [tip]
>
> outlook on the mac:
> if you select some text in the e-mail you're replying to, only that text
> goes to the reply mail...
>
> [/tip]

<tip type="managing e-mail digests">
To add to this, you can get a great set of AppleScripts from R. Shapiro that
will let you select a message from a digest and 'reply in digest to list'.
It fills in the correct attribution, the correct subject and it quotes the
text you have selected.
You can find it at :
    http://www.macemail.com/oe/pages/applescript.shtml

or download it directly from :
    ftp://ftp.macemail.com/oe/R_Shapiro's_OE_4.5_Scripts.hqx

There's a whole set of scripts in there that will help you manage your mail.
The scripts were written for OE 4.5, but they work smurfy in OE5.
</tip>

Heh...

one in the bank!

bob