[thelist] IE6 "compatible mode" / PNG support

Filip Salomonsson filip at netdesign.se
Fri Mar 2 11:33:50 CST 2001

James Aylard:
> Not sure whether anyone's answered you off-list, but on-list the
> answer is: IE 6 build 2403 (the bootlegged beta, I guess) does
> *not* provide any additional support for PNG beyond that found
> in IE 4/5/5.5.

That's what I noticed (and guessed). Too bad, considering that PNG
is one hell of a file format. But I guess little support is better
than no support at all.

> Hopefully, this will be added. Mozilla's support for it is quite
> nice.

Indeed it is. I really hope Microsoft understands the importance
of full native PNG support before the release of the final version
of IE6. Anything else would be plain idiocy.

--
filip(salomonsson)@netdesign.se