[thelist] "Inversing" text

Jorah Lavin madstone at madstone.net
Sun Mar 4 10:26:52 CST 2001

At 10:52 03/04/01, Michael Galvin wrote:
>I want to have some text on my page, such that it's inverse (ie., white text
>on black b/g).
>
>If not, can anyone point me at the correct way of doing using CSS?

This should work for ya...

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
   <head>
<!--
.reverse {
color: white;
background: black;

  -->

     <title>
      Reverse Type
     </title>
   </head>
       This should be reversed, white text on a black background
       This should be reversed, <span style="color: white; background:
black;">white text on a black background</span>
       Or even better, use a CLASS; <span class="reverse">white text on a
black background</span>

I'm looking for work in the Charlotte, NC,
metro area.  I do HTML, CSS, client management
and the usual mishmash of tasks you have to
do to build intranet sites for a big company.
http://www.madstone.net/