[thelist] BBEdit for PC?

Jorah Lavin madstone at madstone.net
Mon Mar 5 18:26:46 CST 2001

At 06:55 PM 03/05/01, Charles Wilson wrote:
>http://www.Chami.com  has a nice little editor called "HTML-Kit"

{snip}

>As far as I know it isn't spyware, just freeware/ soon to be shareware.
>
>It locks up when I am very low on memory and will claim all your text-type
>files if you don't tell it not to.

I moved from BBEdit to HomeSite, and would love a blend of the two... but
after two years, HomeSite has come to feel... like home, I guess.

Recently I had to train a bunch of newbies really quickly, and we had _no_
budget for software.  I was pointed to First Page, from
Evrsoft.com:  <http://www.evrsoft.com/>  It looks and handles a lot like
HomeSite, but doesn't work with multiple files very well.  You can't beat
the price, I'm just hoping it isn't spyware.

Supposedly they are coming out with a new version with lots of bug-fixes
and more CSS support, so it is probably worth keeping an eye on,
particularly for those of us with no money.

-Jorah

I'm looking for work in the Charlotte, NC,
metro area.  I do HTML, CSS, client management
and the usual mishmash of tasks you have to
do to build intranet sites for a big company.
http://www.madstone.net/