[thelist] BBEdit for PC?

T.Abbey Abbey at abbeyink.com
Mon Mar 5 18:35:17 CST 2001

At 07:25 PM 3/5/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Supposedly they are coming out with a new version with lots of bug-fixes
>and more CSS support, so it is probably worth keeping an eye on,
>particularly for those of us with no money.

They've been saying that /forever/ -- don't hold your breath. And, as
several people noted, FirstPage really is a poor imitation of HomeSite. Now
that I've used both -- I can agree.

But, if you're on a very limited budget, FirstPage isn't bad. I would
definitely try to get familiar with HKit, although I have also encountered
memory problems with it. Glad to know it's not just me.

What's this about it being shareware? I thought it was developed by someone
very close to the W3C, and then it also offers tons of plug-ins, I know I'm
loving the php ones, but it might be going shareware?

Ugh!

<TAbbey />