[thelist] PHP SetCookie() function

Jon Haworth JHaworth at witanjardine.co.uk
Wed Mar 7 10:28:07 CST 2001

Things that have screwed me up when working with PHP and cookies:

1. You can't have any whitespace between the top of your document and your
header, and that means inside any includes as well.

2. Cookies must be sent before any other headers (and therefore before your

3. If the user has cookies turned off you're a bit stuck.

The manual at http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.setcookie.php has some
excellent user comments which list ways round these as well as solutions to
problems other people have experienced.

What the hell is a "wonk", anyway? :-)

HTH
Jon