[thelist] On Submit Close Window

Surojit Niyogi saniyogi at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Mar 8 00:40:53 CST 2001

Well,

this may be a silly solution but you could do the following

-assuming you have a parent window opening the popup and you want to
redirect the user to another URL from the popup

<a
href="javascript:window.opener.document.location='LOCATION.html';window.clos
e();">insert text here</a>

otherwise, you just need the window.close(); function inside to close the
window.  I suggest you pair it with a window.opener.focus(); so that the
focus is on the opener window rather than another local application the user
is on (but it all depends) :)

Hope this helps (at all)!

-Surojit