[thelist] FrontPage 2000 - opinions?

Dulcie Meatheringham dulcie at heritagecommunityfdn.org
Thu Mar 8 16:30:28 CST 2001

Hi John,

We use FrontPage 2000, and have had people of various technical abilities
adding and editing content.

The biggest problem is from cutting and pasting directly from Word docs into
FP: it makes a gigantic mess of the code.  I've found that if you open the
Word doc *in* FP (using: right-click>open with>Front Page) you get lovely
clean (or clean-able, with the Remove Formatting command) code in a new .htm
document that you can copy/paste into your template.  FP makes it pretty
easy to apply styles, if your users are used to using them in Word already.

This adds multiple steps, of course, so if you're not comfortable with that
I'd give FP a pass.

Dulcie.
--
Dulcie Meatheringham, Website Admin.