[thelist] List Practices: A good habit

Lloyd Dunn ll at detritus.net
Fri Mar 9 19:09:39 CST 2001

hear, hear. commendations all 'round.

>I've noticed an interesting tendency on this list, and would like to
>thank people for it, and encourage it's further usage.
>
>If you take a quick scan at any given day's output here (about
>100-200 messages a day!) you'll notice that people tend to use very
>clear subject lines. One of the more common habits seems to be to
>place the general topic heading first, then the content such as
>
>CF: What's this tag about
>Javascript - Form doesn't work
>Java - What does this mean?
>
>This makes email filtering so much easier, and it makes wetware
>filtering easier too. (I wonder if this is a by-product of the fact
>that many of us are coders?)
>
>Nature, nurture or network: Will the world ever know?
>--
>
>"Jack me in Jill!"
>
>Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
>frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com

Lloyd Dunn
The Tape-beatles -- P.O. Box 3326 -- Iowa City IA 52244 -- USA

http://pwp.detritus.net/

DURING THE months of April and May 2001, I will be travelling, en route
to Prague (CZR) for an extended stay. If you would like to write to me
during this time use this email address and no other: <ll at detritus.net>.