[thelist] contract feedback requested

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Mon Mar 12 13:19:15 CST 2001

Heh ... where'd you get that? A lot of the wording is exactly that of
my standard contract, which I paid a contract lawyer to put together
for me several years ago ... you mean lawyers know how to copy/paste
too? I've given it to several people but that would be too weird if
it somehow got to you ...

I notice my "additional services" might be a little better - noticed
yours only calls for extra fees if there's extra pages ...
conversely, I tell my clients it doesn't really matter how many pages
they have if the only difference is the text of the page, and the
hard part is changing how it looks or works:

ADDITIONAL SERVICES. [...] Gozz will accommodate reasonable requests
by Client to change the project description during the course of the
rendering of services.  If Client's requested changes result in
additional services being rendered by Gozz, Gozz shall be entitled to
a reasonable increase in the contract price or hourly compensation
for additional time at the rate of ...