[thelist] Diner Web Sites

Richard H. Morris richard.morris at web-designers.co.uk
Tue Mar 13 10:57:18 CST 2001

Seth Bienek [seth at sethbienek.com] kindly suggested:

A good example of how to cater for many within one site. A local restaurant
portal? [sorry to swear!]

> They do provide the necessarry info
> though, lunch & dinner menus, prices, location, business hours.  I think
> that's the most important thing. Here's some examples:
>
> http://dfw.citysearch.com/E/V/DALTX/0214/43/04/
> http://dfw.citysearch.com/E/V/DALTX/0025/21/53/
> http://dfw.citysearch.com/E/V/DALTX/0214/21/67/
> http://dfw.citysearch.com/E/V/DALTX/0004/76/86/
>
> Hope these give you some good ideas...

As you say, they get the basics done.

I'll see what the Client wants to spend.

I do remember seeing a site for a country-house type of restaurant which had
reproduced the actual menus in a nice way - *not* just a GIF of the paper
version! - if only I could remember the URL.

Thanks for ideas.

Richard. H. Morris, Web Designers Limited
~~ http://www.web-designers.co.uk ~~
"I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me
          than a full frontal lobotomy"